Pride (prīd) n. – A sense of one’s own proper dignity or value; self-respect.
Be present. Participate in your life. Give back. Breathe.
Some days we simply need a little bit of inspiration; an influence that prompts action of self and maybe of a larger group.
Some days the inspiration comes without effort.
• The sight of the sun setting over a small town tucked at the edge of public lands protected by the forethought of prior generations.
• The taste of locally grown snap peas, flush tomatoes and cabbage leaves.
• The sound of giggles, support, meeters and greeters on the town walk as they hustle to take in the view of the river and bountiful energy of both water and individuality.
• The feel of rain drops beginning so slowly that the wetness is welcomed, soothing and calming.
• The scent of air tinted with ponderosa pine, fox tail barley or sweet pea flowers.
Combined, community pride ensures a place. A place of the minute, a small speck in a universe of land and mass. A place of individuals to feel wanted, needed, respected and supported. A place of values, morals and reliance of kind.
Today, look around. Where is the community in which you live, work and play? Do those communities provide inspiration that supports your self-respect, your dignity?
Be present. Be mindful. Be aware. Be strong.
Today, determine what is important to you and follow that passion. Surround yourself with a community that is supportive of your endeavor. Together you will grow stronger.