Five nights. A group of girls with no filter concerns. Meaning we can each speak our mind. There will be a point, okay several moments, when conversation wholly deteriorates. Here are our top ten comments of the week.
10. I saw the Milky Way. Since you have eye sight worse than mine and you didn’t have on your glasses I doubt you saw the Milky Way.
9. Don’t blame us when you are carrying shit down the trail. Referencing the amount of food each member of the crew was consuming. As a by-the-by, despite the food everyone lost a pound or two. The red bucket … it was still quite full.
8. May I ask a favor? How the conversation began when a group of eight was asked to walk in the trail, not the grassy edge. CL had to turn head and laugh because this soon turned into WALK IN THE TRAIL!! ON THE TRAIL!! THE TRAIL!!
7. I think I am losing a toe nail. Removes boot and sock to find the ring used to hang socks to dry sticking to foot with an indention (might need to refer to #10).
6. That is a conflicting report. One of you says you heard a gunshot. The other one says it might be two marmots having sex against a tree.
5. I’ve had an epiphany. Decision during a moment of repeating frustration that, “If they want the trail wide then cut the fucking trail wide.”
4. Stacy is not squeezing out the liquid. There is no peeing in the poop bucket. Only poop goes in the poop bucket. Waddle your booty outside the privy tent if you have to pee. This follows the conversation that pooping and peeing often coincide but Stacy WILL NOT be separating pee from poop to lighten the bucket weight.
3. The answer is NO. “May I have a piece of cheese please? Please? Please?”
2. Please stop. During breakfast when a tad of cranberry walnut oatmeal remained the comment was, “Please stop. I don’t want one more scoop. It has been 12 hours. Are we really eating again?”
1. Good hikers not trail walkers. If you walked the entire Little Blanco Trail and your running shoes are still dry and devoid of dirt, you DID NOT hike the LITTLE Blanco Trail during this week when there was still snow on the trail and abundant rain.